Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pump, pump, pump, pump it up!



I think I have a problem.
I am a hoarder....

of canned pumpkin.



OK, ok. I know what you're thinking:
Joslyn, what does one need SO MANY cans of pumpkin for?

Last year there was a short on pumpkin, and I couldn't find cans of it ANYWHERE. Whenever I needed a 'kin fix, I couldn't feed the need! So, this past fall as soon as I saw those beautiful little cans hit the shelves, I stocked up. Don't worry, they don't expire until the end of '12, so I have until the end of the world to consume them. ;)

This morning, I was glad I had those cans stacked up awaiting for me, because I had the ultimate craving for:

PUMPKIN WAFFLES






Droooooooool. I think you need to run out and buy a can of pumpkin, and then come back and meet me here and make these immediately.

Perfect Pumpkin Waffles:

1 tsp cornstarch
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of pumpkin pie spice
2 tbsp egg beater egg whites (or 1 full egg white)
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup canned pumpkin

Preheat your waffle iron on high while you're mixing the above ingredients. Turn down the heat about half way, spray with non-stick spray & pour in the batter. In about 3.5 minutes (or whenever the waffle pulls out of the iron cleanly) you have these big, fluffy, pumpkiny, delicious waffles.

Top with half a banana & 1 tbsp sugar free syrup and EAT!

You can thank me later.


No comments:

Post a Comment